There is a lot going on this year as it is the first ‘normal’ Christmas since 2019! As there is so much happening, we could do with some extra help, particularly with Santa’s Grotto at the Christmas Fair on Thursday 1st December, and the chocolate tombola stall at Coggeshall Christmas on Saturday 3rd December. It can just be for an hour to help out – any time you can give is much appreciated. Email us to let us know what you might be able to do.
Monday 21st November – Friday 9th December – Letter to Santa
Don’t forget to send in your letters to Santa! The post box will be in the School Foyer from Monday 21st November until Friday 9th December. Santa has a lot of messages to reply to, so please make sure the child’s name, age, and class is clearly visible. Donations are welcome (you can include this with your letter, or in a separate envelope to our FOSP box). Replies will arrive from the North Pole on Thursday 15th December.
Thursday 1st December 3.30pm- 5.00pm – School Christmas Fayre
After missing out for a couple of years, we are glad to bring this lovely event back! Year 5 and 6 have started working on their games to fill the hall, and the teachers are working on games and activities for their classrooms.
Santa has promised to be there in his grotto. Tickets will be fixed time slots to be booked in advance and will include a gift and lots of Christmas magic. You can book tickets via Ticketsource, where you can also add a donation if you would like to further support FOSP and the school.
Our FOSP stalls this year will include a Christmas jumper swap shop, Christmas raffle and glitter stall. We will also have a BBQ providing hot food for the kids’ dinner, a tuck shop and mulled wine to help get you in the Christmas spirit. For this event to be a success, we would be grateful if you are able to donate any of the following:
- Christmas Jumpers! We would love to find new homes for your outgrown Christmas jumpers, and in return get a new festive wardrobe without breaking the bank. Please drop off your jumpers to our donation box in front of the school office from Monday 14th November.
- Raffle prizes (or items to go in our hampers). Just drop off to our donation box, or we are happy to collect.
- Year 3&4 jam jar tombola- please pass on any filled jam jars (filled with sweets, toys, pencils or any other
exciting items) to year 3&4 teachers.
- Year 1&2 items for a children’s tombola
Please join us after school on the 1st December – it should be great fun!
Christmas Fayre map
Below is a map of the various stalls for the fayre:
- Main hall – Years 5&6 games
- Mrs Brooker’s classroom – Years 3&4 jam jar tombola
- Miss Vianello’s classroom – glitter, raffle and Christmas jumpers
- Miss Bolton’s classroom – Years 1&2 children’s tombola
- Mulberry class – handmade Christmas decorations
- Outside Mulberry class – hot dogs and mulled wine
- School field – Santa’s Grott
The raffle will be drawn at 5pm, at the end of the fayre.
The school also requests no prams in the school for the fayre.
Friday 2nd December – Crazy Hair & Non-Uniform Day
We are inviting children to bring chocolate goodies into school in exchange for not wearing their uniform and /or having crazy hair. There will be FOSP representatives at both entrances in the morning to collect your chocolate donations (such as a box of chocolates, a big bar of chocolate, a chocolate Santa or luxury chocolate biscuits). We will use these for our chocolate tombola stall at Coggeshall Christmas. We are always overwhelmed at your generosity and need your help more than ever this year.
Saturday 3rd December 12.00- 4.00pm – Coggeshall Christmas
We welcome back our popular chocolate tombola stall. We hope to see you there! If you can spare some time to help us set up, or an hour to do a shift on the stall, please let us know. It’s great festive fun, and the kids love to get involved and help too.
9th, 13th and 16th December, lunchtimes – Christmas Gift Stall
This popular gift stall is back, allowing the children to choose a surprise gift for loved ones. Order forms have been sent home with children but you can also pre-pay via Ticketsource.